With fresh fruits like bananas and strawberries, the dynamic duo—PB&J—just got better! This recipe is so easy to make, is delicious served cold or warm, and makes a perfect dish for breakfast, as a snack or dessert. All you need are tortillas, fresh fruit, peanut butter and maybe some help from the kids!
INGREDIENTS (Makes 2 Servings)
- 2 Whole-wheat Tortillas
- 2 tbsp Organic Peanut Butter
- 1 Banana, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Driscoll’s Strawberries, thinly sliced (Feel free to sub in blueberries too for a healthy dose of antioxidants!)
- 1/4 cup of Organic chocolate chips (optional)
- Canola Oil Spray
- Spread 1 tbsp of peanut butter on one side of each tortilla.
- In a large non-stick pan, lightly spray oil. Heat one tortilla on medium-low heat. Layer sliced bananas and strawberries and place tortilla on top. (If you decide to add chocolate chips, this would be the time!) Cook for a 1-2 minutes on each side, or until peanut butter has melted. Remove from heat and cut into wedges. Serve with a cup of low-fat milk, if desired.
- As busy parents, you can even make these ahead of time, refrigerate or freeze and heat them up as a quick and healthy dish!