I love trying new recipes, especially if I have my family join in on the cooking with me. Not only is it a great opportunity to bond with each other, but it also allows us the chance to sit down and enjoy a tasty, homemade meal. Just last night we made this delicious pork tenderloin adapted from a recipe in Miraval’s Sweet and Savory Cooking Cookbook.
-Cooking spray, olive or canola oil
-1 pork loin roast, one-pound
-1/4 tsp kosher salt
-1/4 tsp black pepper
-1/2 cup chipotle sauce (see additional recipe below)
1. Heat oven to 400˚F. Lightly coat a medium saute pan with cooking spray and heat over medium-high temperature.
2. Season the pork with salt, pepper, and seasonings of choice. Add to the heated pan and sear for 1-2 minutes per side.
3. Place the pan in the oven and cook for another 3-5 minutes. Allow pork to rest for 3-4 minutes and cut into slices.
4. Plate and top with chipotle sauce (see additional recipe below)
-1/4 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
-1/2 cup onions, finely chopped
-1/4 cup dried apricots, finely chopped
-11/2 tsp fresh garlic, minced
-2 tsp dried ginger, minced
–3/4 cup ketchup
–1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
-2 tbsp soy sauce
-1/2 cup brown sugar
-1 tbsp dry mustard
-2 chipotle peppers (canned in adobo sauce)
-1/4 cup orange juice
-6 oz lager-style beer
1. Heat oil in a saute pan. Add onions, apricots, garlic and ginger. Saute for 2 minutes, or until onions appear translucent.
2. Add the ketchup, vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar, mustard, chili sauce, chipotle peppers, orange juice and beer.
3. Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and allow to cook for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Serve over top of pork tenderloin (see above).