I love when I think of a recipe and it tastes as good as it tasted in my mind!!! So here is my Sunday creation from last week. I had spaghetti squash on my counter and I knew I needed to use it. I love eating it like spaghetti with sauce and parmesan but I wanted it to be more – the main sustenance of the meal. So I added shrimp, tomatoes and spinach to make this quick and healthy dish of deliciousness!! I hope you enjoy too!
Garlic Shrimp with Spaghetti Squash and Spinach
- 1 medium sized spaghetti squash
- ¾ pound deveined, uncooked shrimp with tails removed
- 1 tbsp butter
- 3 cloves garlic
- 5 oz. (1 package) baby spinach
- ½ pint plum cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup Shredded Romano Cheese
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half across the width.
- Scoop out the seeds and discard.
- Steam each half of the squash; face down in about 1-2 inches of water in microwave or on the stovetop for about 5 minutes . Let cool, face up for five minutes. It should be slightly al dente. Then take a fork and scrape out the flesh so it looks like spaghetti. Put into a clean bowl.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of butter in a medium sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add the raw shrimp and flip when the bottom side becomes opaque. In the interim, use a garlic press and add the three cloves of garlic to the shrimp and butter.
- After flipping the shrimp, wait one minute and then add the spinach. Mix until all ingredients are combined.
- Add plum cherry tomatoes to sauté pan, and let cook for one minute.
- Mix in the spaghetti squash and let all the veggies’ juices blend together.
- Divide into two bowls and sprinkle with cheese.
- Eat mindfully and enjoy every bite!!