With the busy holiday weeks ahead, we’ve been looking for quick and easy dinners to make. The following recipe is one of my favorites for a simple, yet healthy weeknight meal. It takes less than 30 minutes to make and is great when served with a side of rice and some vegetables.Photo Credit: gkdavie via Compfight cc
Makes 6 fajitas – 2 adults and 2 kids
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 3 scallions sliced along their width
- 2 large cloves of garlic, pressed
- 3/4 lb. thawed thin cut chicken breasts – sliced
- 1 cup frozen unsalted corn
- 1 bag frozen mixed peppers
- 6 whole grain tortillas
- ½ cup sour cream (dairy or non dairy)
- 1 cup salsa of choice
- Heat canola oil over low heat. Add scallions. When scallions are tender add the chicken slices. When the chicken is slightly pink in the center, add the corn, peppers and garlic. Sauté until the veggies are cooked and warm.
- Warm the tortillas in the microwave for 20 seconds or over a sauté pan.
- Spread about 1 tbsp sour cream down the center of each tortilla. Then spread 1 -2 tbsp of salsa over the sour cream. Spoon the chicken pepper combo down the center of the tortilla. Roll and serve while hot.