Ingredient1: App Review
By MDIO Product Review Team
Sometimes it can be hard to find foods you crave that also meet your dietary restrictions and taste preferences. Ingredient1 is a free mobile app that allows you to find natural and healthy foods that meet your nutritional needs within your zip code!Photo Courtesy of Ingredient1
An App for Our Friends with Food Allergies and Dietary Restrictions
Ingredient1 is perfect if you who have food allergies or need a specialized diet for medical reasons.
The Test—Here Is How to Use It:
- Make a food profile.
- For instance, you can enter gluten-free, dairy-free, and/or GMO-free diet.
- Use the “Food Mood” section of the app. If you are craving something sweet, crunchy, small, and GMO free, just tap on the circles to reflect this food mood.
- Scroll through the options that appear. Cinnamon & sugar pumpkin seeds by Supersedes look delish to me. I was pleased to see the product had all the ingredients, nutrition info, certification claims, and allergen information!
- Click “Find It” and/or “Share It” (favorite option for RDs to send their clients food ideas!
- Go and get it!! Enjoy!!
Seems Easy and Perfect; However…
Unfortunately, upon selecting the snack and clicking on “Find It,” the seeds were not sold in the NYC area. Even when I selected another food choice, Whole Foods didn’t come up as a store selling the chosen item. Seeing as there are quite a few Whole Foods in NYC and the nearest store carrying this product was a market over twenty-five miles away, I chose another snack. But you can order the foods online if you want. Just click the “Share It” icon, and email the link to yourself, roommate, and/or partner to order. My advice would be to order the products you like online and choose a food in your zip code for cravings!
When I asked Ingredient1 about what seemed to be a faux pas, they immediately let us know the plan to have Whole Foods included on the app’s “Find It” in the very near future. So go ahead and download Ingredient1!Photo Credit: joeltelling via Compfight cc
- MDIO gives thumbs up—Love this app!!
- For everyone: Whether you have specific dietary choices and/or are looking for new healthy food products.
- Great selection of foods that meet your taste preferences.
- “Share It” option allows you to share your food finds with friends or clients.
- Lists of ingredients, nutrition info, certification claims, and allergen information.
- The product you desire may not be available for immediate consumption.