Love Your Heart With Oats
The oats found in oatmeal are a rich source of beta-glucans which provide a source of dietary fiber to the body. The beta-glucans found in oats and other grains such as barley and rye contain soluble and insoluble fiber. Soluble fiber has been shown to lower cholesterol levels and can also regulate blood glucose levels due to the way it is digested in the body. The insoluble fiber helps keep your bowel movements regular! Beta-glucans have also been claimed to boost immunity.
5 Tips for Getting the Grains:
- Add oats to a cookie or muffin recipe.
- Include barely in soups and stews.
- Swap sprouted barely bread for other sandwich breads.
- Hide oats in your turkey meatloaf.
- Start your day with hot oat bran cereal and slivered almonds.