Our Mommy friend, Danielle, and her little girl, Lucca love these zucchini and corn cakes from the Whole Foods recipe and we’re sure you will too!
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup low-fat buttermilk or low-fat milk
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Kernels from 1 ear sweet corn (~3/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons expeller-pressed canola oil
In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, flour, baking powder, salt and pepper until smooth. Add corn, zucchini, onion, and stir until combined. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Working in batches, drop batter by scant 1/4 cup measures into skillet. Cook, turning once, until browned and cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes per side; lower heat if pancakes begin to brown too deeply before middle is cooked through. Add more oil between batches if necessary. Serve the pancakes warm or room temperature with crême fraîche.
Makes 4 servings. Enjoy!
Original recipe by Whole Foods can be found here.