Congratulations Kristin Bogle!!
You are our Orka Oil Mister giveaway winner!
Tweet @MomDishesItOut with your info or email us at cipulloRD@aol.com.
You’re going to love the Orka oil mister! Convenient, easy-to-use, and refillable! Makes baking, roasting and dressing salads that much easier. Can’t wait for you to receive it and start cooking!
Adapted from ClosetCooking
With a relatively short cooking time, roasting veggies is not only incredibly easy to do, but a healthy and delicious way to cook for you and your family! All it takes for a perfect roast are a few of your favorite vegetables, some olive oil, a dash of salt and pepper and some of your favorite fresh garden herbs!
To prevent the vegetables from sticking to the pan, you’ll need to coat them with some olive oil. For more coverage with less oil, try using an oil mister. This week, we are giving away a FREE Orka Oil Mister by Mastrad to our followers —To enter to win, click here!
Ingredients (Makes 4 servings)
- 2 cups water or vegetable stock
- 1 cup farro
- 1 lb. green beans, trimmed and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 8 oz. button mushrooms, cleaned and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, minced
- olive oil cooking spray or mister
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Bring the water and farro to a boil, reduce the heat. Cover and let simmer for about 20 minutes, or until al dente.
- Toss green beans, mushrooms, and walnuts and place on a baking sheet. Using a cooking spray or mister , spray with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast in oven for 15-20 minutes, flipping them halfway through. Remove from oven.
- Once farro is cooked, drain any remaining liquid. Top with parsley, green beans, mushroom and walnut medley. Mix and serve warm.
I love discovering easy to-use kitchen products. With a gadget that can help me prepare healthy and delicious meals for my family, an oil mister is a gadget with a cause!
Roasting veggies? Baking? Dressing salads? For more coverage with less oil, try using an oil mister! The Orka by Mastrad Oil Mister is about 6 inches tall, holding 4 oz of oil. This mister also has a built-in filter so you can flavor your very own oils by adding your favorite herbs and spices. It sprays a very fine mist over salads and baking pans so you can have better control over the amount of oil you want to use.
As our first blog giveaway, enter to win your very own Orka by Mastrad Oil Mister by one of the following ways:
Let us know what you like about the oil mister spray and you could be one of the lucky winners!
Winner will be announced on Friday, July 23, 2012 at 6:00 PM. EST.