Have you ever found yourself in a bind while out and about and looking for a healthy bite to eat? Click on the photo above to watch Laura discuss some healthy fast food options from Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, Burger King, and Chipotle while on BetterTV’s The Better Show!
Get your kids cooking in the kitchen!
By Laura Cipullo, RD CDE CEDRD CDN and Mom
To honor National Nutrition Month we wanted to focus on helping children foster a positive relationship with food. A great way to do that is by getting kids active in the cooking process. Even if its making sometimes foods like baking cookies or, in this case, making pancakes! Here’s a cute video we made with the kids:
Recipe makes about 12 pancakes, depending on size.
- 1 large egg
- 2.5 cups low-fat buttermilk
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- maple syrup for serving
- Mix all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Beginning with the eggs, followed by the buttermilk, butter, and whisk until combined. Add flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and whisk until the flour is incorporated.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat, add a little butter or cooking spray to the pan. Spoon about 1/2 cup of batter into heated pan and cook about 2 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Flip and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with optional warm butter, maple syrup, and/or fruit.
– See more at: Bitsy’s Brainfood
With New Year’s right around the corner and resolutions looming, registered dietitian and creator of Mom Dishes It Out, Laura Cipullo, gives us a peek into her cabinet, where she shows us what foods she stocks up on for her family.
Happy Labor Day Weekend! Watch Laura and her boys dish out yummy recipes and gardening ideas while you relax on the train, bus or plane en route to your weekend away. Anyone hungry?
What Would Julieanna Do? – Healthy Kids: To view, click on the image below.
Ever wonder what food is really in my kitchen? Well, today we are featuring our first ever video blog. This is after my weekly Sunday food shop. Just so you know, I do not represent any of the brands mentioned nor do I endorse them. What you see is just what a I happen to have this particular week. Happy viewing and healthy being to you and your family this week. Click below on the image below.