With Valentine’s Day in just a couple of days, we’re sure that spending time with your loved ones is on your mind. Get your dose of love by baking these yummy cupcakes with your kids. Try these delicious double chocolate cupcakes as a sweet snack!
Courtesy of Cooking Light
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 ¼ ounces dark (70 % cocoa) chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup, and level with a knife. Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt; stir with a whisk.
3. Place granulated sugar and butter in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well combined (about 3 minutes).
4. Add egg substitute and vanilla, beating well. Add flour mixture and buttermilk alternately to granulated sugar mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
5. Fold in chocolate.
6. Spoon batter into 12 muffin cups lined with muffin cup liners.
7. Bake at 350° for 18 minutes or until cake springs back when touched lightly in center or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
8. Remove from pan; cool completely on a wire rack.
9. Sprinkle with powdered sugar just before serving.
The recipe and photo used in this post were courtesy of Cooking Light. To see the originally posted recipe please click here.
Halloween is fast approaching. Get ready with this festive recipe courtesy of our friends at Litehouse Foods!
Photo courtesy of Litehouse Foods
- 4 eggs
- ½ c. vegetable oil
- ½ c. plain yogurt or applesauce
- 15 oz. pure pumpkin puree (from 1 can)
- 2/3 c. apple juice or water
- 3 c. sugar
- 2 ½ c. flour
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- ½ tsp. ground clove
- ¼ tsp. ground ginger
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 ½ tsp. salt
- 1 c. butter (2 sticks) at room temperature
- 2 2lb. bags powdered sugar
- 1 16oz. tub Litehouse® Butterscotch Caramel Dip plus more for decorating
- 6 Tbsp. heavy cream
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, oil, yogurt, pumpkin puree, juice, and sugar.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, clove, ginger, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture and whisk until just combined.
- Pour ¼ c. of batter into each cupcake liner.
- Bake for 20 minutes, remove from pan and allow to cool completely.
- Repeat with remaining batter, makes 3 dozen cupcakes.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer whip the butter and Litehouse Butterscotch Caramel Dip until light and fluffy.
- With the mixer on low speed add the powdered sugar ½ a bag at a time, adding 1 Tbsp. of the cream after each sugar addition.
- Mix until fully combine before adding the next ½ bag of powdered sugar.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons of cream and mix on high speed until light and fluffy.
- Decorate cupcakes!