One of the greatest things about Summer is seasonal fruits and vegetables – especially tomatoes! We’re always looking for recipes here at MDIO and when we found this little beauty at Cooking Light, we knew we had to share it. It’s simple to make and a great way to introduce your kids to different kinds of tomatoes, and maybe even some goat cheese!
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 4 medium heirloom tomatoes, cored and cut into 1/2-inch-thick wedges (about 2 pounds)
- 1/3 cup small basil leaves
- Optional: 1/3 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add chopped basil and tomato wedges; toss to coat. Cover and let stand for 1 hour, tossing occasionally. Top with basil leaves and goat cheese (optional).
Both the recipe and photograph were provided by Cooking Light.