What are you giving out for Halloween?
Trick-or-Treat: Keeping Halloween Healthier Yet Fun.
With Halloween around the corner, why not think outside the box? We can’t trick our Halloween visitors but we can treat them to new Halloween delights. Read on to get some healthier options, unconventional goodies, and finally a run down at the candy counter.
Clif Kid Twisted Fruit Rope, Clif Z Bar (granola bars), Organic raisins, Blue Diamond mini nut packs – almonds, Bearito’s No Oil No Salt Microwave Popcorn or Earth’s Best Organic Puree (fruit and veggies pureed like applesauce in squeeze pack)
Tattoos, bouncy balls, yo-yos, stickers, pencils, chalk and mini coloring books
For those that adhere to moderation the top 5 Halloween candy picks: Smarties, Tootsie Pops, York Peppermint Patties, Twizzlers and Milk Duds
**Just know I will be giving out Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups because they taste so yummy and a variety of the above!!
Optional Reading – nutritional information listed below:
- Smarties: 25 calories, 0 grams of fat, 6 grams of sugar (per roll)
- Tootsie Pop: 60 calories, 0 grams of fat, 10 grams of sugar (per lollipop)
- York Peppermint Patty: 60 calories, 1 gram of fat, 0.5 grams of saturated fat, 10 grams of sugar (per snack size patty)
- Twizzlers: 160 calories, 1 gram of fat, 0 grams saturated fat, 19 grams of sugar (4 pieces)
- Milk Duds: 170 calories, 6 grams of fat, 3.5 grams saturated fat, 20 grams of sugar (13 pieces)