Recipe by Laura Cipullo, RD, CDE,CEDS *Originally published published in Everyday Health
Each cookie has 70 calories, 2g fat, 15g carbohydrates, 1g fiber, 1g protein, and 6g sugar. Yield: 28-32 cookies.
¾ cup canola oil
1 cup honey or agave nectar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
½ cup raisins
½ cup toasted chopped walnuts
1½ cups wheat germ
2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
¾ cup whole-wheat pastry flour
½ cup powdered fat-free milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line 2 large baking sheets with silicone baking mats or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, stir together the canola oil, honey, eggs, vanilla extract, raisins, chopped walnuts, wheat germ, and rolled oats.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour and powdered milk.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ones until well-combined.
- Scoop out spoonfuls of the cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheets. Cookies will not spread much, so you don’t need to leave a lot of room between them.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until dry around the edges.
- Cool on a wire rack and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.