Was one of your New Years Resolutions to have more family dinners? If so, we have a delicious recipe for you to try! Get the kids involved in the prep work and enjoy a nice sit-down dinner with your family with this tasty Chipotle-Glazed Roasted Chicken recipe.
Recipe by Laura Cipullo, R.D., C.D.E. *Originally published published in Momstown Meals*
Ingredients (Serves 6)
- 4 1/2 cups butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 chipotle chilies in adobo sauce, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt, plus additional to taste
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 28 oz skinless chicken breasts, rinsed and patted dry
- Chopped cilantro, for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. In a medium bowl, toss the squash in the olive oil and scatter on the bottom of a roasting pan. Roast for 25 minutes.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the chilies, garlic, honey, vinegar, salt, cumin, and cinnamon to make a paste. Rub the paste evenly over each breast.
3. Place the chicken breasts on top of the squash and roast until the chicken is just cooked through, about 25 to 30 minutes. Serve garnished with cilantro if desired.