We attended the Editor’s Showcase in February where we were able to sample different foods and learn the latest that’s going on in the food industry. The National Onion Association and US Apple Association shared with us some of their recipes featuring both apples and onions. Here is one we think you’ll enjoy!
Makes 6 Servings
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon honey Dijon mustard
- 2 ½ cups vegetable broth
- 1 ½ sups tri-color quinoa, rinsed
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 white onion, sliced
- 3 cups chopped kale, ribs removed and discarded
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 red-skinned apple, chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Whisk the vinegar with the oil, lemon juice, honey and mustard until well combined.
- Set aside.
- Bring the broth and quinoa to a boil.
- Simmer, covered, for 12 to 15 minutes or until al the broth has been absorbed. Cool completely.
- In a medium skillet, heat oil over medium-height heat.
- Sauté onion for 3 to 5 minutes or until softened. Cool completely.
- In a large bowl, toss onion, kale, chicken, apple, salt, and pepper with prepared dressing.
- Stir in the cooled quinoa.